4 inches of snow fell on Memphis last night. Now for all of my sarcasm about how wimpy southerners are when it comes to a little snow fall (my one-time home, South Bend, Indiana got hit with 25 inches over the weekend), I must admit I am grateful that this snow has allowed me the opportunity to work from home.
I slept in this morning, went to the gym and did 50 minutes of cardio, came home and prepared breakfast, and even washed my hair. I decided that before I settled in to get some work done, I would post an entry here updating those who are interested in my 40x40 progress. I decided on New Year's Eve to restart my quest. One week later, Friday, January 7th, I was 3.5 pounds lighter. Yes, I'm excited, but more importantly, I'm proud of how I got there...3 days of exercise, 64+ ounces of water everyday, no fast food (or restaurant prepared meals), and no fewer than 4 servings of fruits/vegetables each day. But really, the biggest accomplishment...walking past the bowl of Hershey's Kisses that sat outside my office until Thursday when I mentioned it to one of my colleagues who then moved it to a drawer in another room. May not seem like much to you but what it means to me is SELF-CONTROL! I walk past that bowl at least 10 times everyday and not once did I eat a piece! I actually made good choices and am taking control of my lifestyle of healthy choices!
Well, wish me luck on week 2! I will consider it a successful week as long as I lose at least 1 pound!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment