Friday, February 26, 2010
What a week!
I sit here at my desk at the end of a work week. This time last week a whirlwind swept into my life like the snow storm that swooped up Dorothy, the Diana Ross Dorothy, in The Wiz. As I reflect back on what I asked God for as I began my 2010 Lenten journey - draw me closer, make me more disciplined, I'm reminded that I must be careful about what I ask. I have found myself in a new role professionally (one that I've fought long enough). I, have been assigned to lead. Let's be clear, I know that I have been a leader in that past. As a Resident Assistant in college, I led. As a teacher, I led. As Dean of Students, I led. As a professor, I led. But now I am leading the work of developing new teachers for 4 years and the staff that has to get the work done. It's the staff thing that I had to ask God about. Is this really what He intendend? And I could picture a smirk on God's face as He responded, "ABSOLUTELY". And so I sit here at the end of the first week in my new role feeling pretty good about the things I accomplished (with a lot of help from God) and all I can say is...I guess it's not that bad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See!It's not that bad after all. I think its awesome and your the perfect "fit" for the role (yes, I a little play on words). However, I am not saying too much on this topic because often we recognize the patterns of our own life that God sets up when we read about someone else's! It's pretty amazing when you think about the small steps along the way God designs to get you ready for something in the future. Just think...this too may very well be a step to something else! You have to ask "Lord, what's next?" Ha...you gotta love our father! :-) Nice entry by the way.
ReplyDelete